Q1: Week 2 Reading Response- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

My second free choice book for summer reading was Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. As I was reading this book,  I had many questions about the main character Greg. This is because I could not figure out why Greg had to laugh off every situation and not deal with the facts of any serious problem or situation. Also, Greg can not be himself around others. This makes me upset because I feel like everyone should be accepted for who they are.

Something that surprised me in Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, was how the author tried to make a serious problem funny. This was shown when Greg and Earl tried to make Rachel and her illness funny by making a movie to try to "cheer" her up. I chose to read this book because I thought it would be a very good and rememberable book because it was made into a major motion picture. Although, after I finished this book I did not feel this way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Nature

Q1: Week 3- Hurricane Katrina

Q2: Week 5 LOTF Response