Q3: Week 8 Analyze a Song

http://www.metrolyrics.com/umbrella-lyrics-rihanna.html

I decided to analyze the song "Umbrella" by Rihanna. Throughout this song it uses end-rhyme. This is because "star" and "car", "there" and "share", and "together" and "forever" all rhyme. Below I used a rhyme scheme to show the end-rhyme of this section of the song. Also, this portion of the uses sibilance. 


A    You had my heart, and we'll never be worlds apart
B    Maybe in magazines, but you'll still be my star
B    Baby 'cause in the dark, you can't see shiny cars
C    And that's when you need me there
C    With you, I'll always share
D    Because when the sun shines, we'll shine together
D    Told you I'll be here forever

Another poetry term that this song uses is euphony. This creates a smoothness in the song. This is important because it goes along with the theme of the song as almost sadness. Also, this song uses caesura. This when the song says "Baby 'cause in the dark, you can't see shiny cars".  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Nature

Q1: Week 3- Hurricane Katrina

Q2: Week 5 LOTF Response