Response to One of My Free Choice Summer Reading Books

One of my free choice summer reading books was The Crown by Kiera Cass. This book was eventful and full of detail. The Crown held my attention, but at some points in the book I felt like the main point was dragging on a little too long.  As I was reading The Crown, I could tell that the author was trying to get a point across to the readers. This point was that no matter who you are and what the circumstances are, everyone has a chance at everything. I feel like this is what the author was trying to tell us because of the plot twist at the end of the book which makes the author's point clear.

The Crown used lots of personification and dramatic irony. These elements really helped to hold my attention while reading The Crown. At some points in the book, I felt like the main character, Eadlyn, was talking directly to me. I feel like this is a good feature in a book that will make it enjoyable to read. Another great thing about The Crown was that it was set in a different time period than the present so this was very interesting to me and kept me excited to keep reading. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Nature

Q1: Week 3- Hurricane Katrina

Q2: Week 5 LOTF Response