Q4: Week 6 Strengths and Challenges

I would consider my strengths as a writer to be finding ideas to write about and being able to make them flow well. I think that if your piece of writing flows well, that will make a well written paper because it would make sense. Also, I think I am good at making sure my paper is written all in the same tense because this will help to make it sound more developed. The traits of rhetorical situations that I feel like I am accomplished in would be being able to write for the appropriate audience, make my paper be written for the right purpose, and having the correct stance for my topic. 

Some writing techniques that I need to work on from the papers I wrote this year would be having the correct citations and being able to support them fully with lots of detail. This is because lots of times when I was writing my papers I would be very repetitive in my supporting thoughts, which did not contribute to my paper in a good way. Also, I need to work on writing good introductions for my papers. For the research paper, my introduction included many facts that were not discussed later on in my paper, and I did not have supporting facts to follow most of them. This led to my paper not making sense and in the end having to rearrange the majority of my writing.

Comments

  1. Good job! I too agree that your paper would be a good one if it flows, or else it would sound choppy. I also had trouble with the citations, but the more we learned about them, the more I got a hang of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Human Nature

Q1: Week 3- Hurricane Katrina

Q2: Week 5 LOTF Response